VERBATIM: ‘No one can stop me from the coming to the villa’- Nasir el-Rufai

Kaduna State governor,  Nasir El-Rufai has debunked the news that he was banned from coming to the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The governor stated this while fielding questions from State House correspondents after joining President Muhammadu Buhari to perform the two-raka’at Juma’at weekly prayer at State House Mosque, Abuja, on Friday.
El-Rufai’s personal memo to the President last year was recently leaked. Based on that, there were speculations that his relationship with Buhari had gone awry.
Flanked by senators Abu Ibrahim and Kabiru Marafa from his State at the interview, the governor said: “There is no strain in my ties with the President. The villa is a bigger place. Within the villa, there are people that like me and there are those who don’t and it is normal. My relationship with the President has never been strained in anyway. I met with him last night. I did not talk about things like that but our relationship with him is like that of father and son and it is a privilege for me. I told him I will come today for the Jumaat and I did.

 

Nasir El-Rufai, President Muhammadu Buhari, Villa: Nasir El-Rufai, President Muhammadu Buhari, Villa

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

prove your humanity *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>