Election Tribunal: Buhari, APC close defence after calling seven witnesses

President Muhammadu Buhari and All Progressives Congress (APC) have closed their defence after calling 6 witness in the petition filed by Atiku Abubakar and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) before the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal.

Buhari’s lead lawyer, Wole Olanipekun (SAN) and lead lawyer to the APC, Lateef Fagbemi announced that the 2nd and 3rd respondents (Buhari and APC) were closing their defence in the case on Thursday, August 1, 2019.

Buhari called seven witnesses and tendered documents between Tuesday and Wednesday.

 

He was expected to resume his defence today when his lawyer told the court that, having reviewed their case and evidence led so far, they were satisfied that they had done enough to earn victory.

Fagbemi, who spoke later, also spoke in similar vein with Olanipekun and said the 3rd respondent has also decided to close its case.

 

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.