Osinbajo inspects N-Power Call Center in Abuja, extends 2017 registration deadline

Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo has extended registration for 2017 N-Power application by two weeks.

The application portal will now close on Thursday, July 27, 2017.

Osinbajo announced this on Friday when he visited the N-Power Call Center in Abuja, where some youths were given tablets to facilitate their jobs.

The Acting President also revealed that about 2.3million individuals had already applied for engagement under the scheme.

Watch also: FULL VIDEO: What Osinbajo told South-East leaders over Biafra, Igbo quit notice

“Already 200,000 young people have been engaged. And since the programme was opened another 2.3 million have applied and we are looking at the next phase of engagement.

“But for me I think what is important is that we are able to do this incrementally and we are able to give hope to some of these young people who need the opportunity.

“We will never always be able to do everything but I think that it is important that we do as much as we can.

“You will recall that the target was 500,000 but depending on our resources we can always do more but the target for now is 500,000.

“But what I want to say to the young people working on this is that, if we take the opportunity for instance if you look at the tablet given to them, the tablet contains so much information, so much learning material that one can really develop his skills in a wide variety of ways and be able to give himself greater opportunity,” Osinbajo said.

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

prove your humanity *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>